With 21 years of experience as a salesman at Grup Boix, Miquel Llobet is one of the six key figures in the pallet sales department. Maintaining regular customers and attracting new ones is Llobet’s main task.
Freight transport is the resource that allows companies to move product to meet society’s demand for goods. The economic activity of the population does not stop and grows exponentially, reaching pre-pandemic levels. In this sense, the goods transport sector has seen remarkable growth and has led to a significant increase in the demand for pallets.
- What is the importance of the relationship between the salesperson and the client?
- Knowing how to communicate, understand and transmit are the strong points that allow a good relationship to be established between the client and the salesperson. For me, my main objective is to maintain fluid contact with the client, always responding to their needs and being able to get positive feedback. In short, the salesperson has to know the needs of the clients in order to satisfy the demand.
- What does Grup Boix provide and what makes it stand out from the rest?
- Grup Boix provides added value and guarantees quality. The mechanisation of our processes and the supervision of professionals throughout the production process allows us to produce high quality pallets and wood. Our company stands out by offering a circular production process, that is to say, from the moment the trunk is cut from the forest to the final product.
- Is pallet manufacturing sustainable?
- The circularity of our unique production process. To be more precise, our company transforms the log and converts it into different sizes of wood that are used for the production of pallets. At the same time, we take advantage of all the by-products of the trunk and turn them into products that we market, such as, for example, the stella or the sawdust. Our commercial department always justifies our environmental and social responsibility by means of PEFC, CATForest, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 certifications and UIC and EPAL approvals.
- How would you describe the use of the pallet?
- The wooden pallet is the ideal resource for transporting goods produced by companies. The durability and structure of the pallet allows products to be safely packed. In terms of logistics, the shape of the pallet offers the best characteristics for optimising space and the organisation of goods.
- Are all the pallets you produce the same?
- We help our customers to meet their needs, that is to say, we manufacture pallets for different sectors. Mostly, we produce pallets for the construction, food, chemical and pharmaceutical sectors.